What Does It Take to Create a Smart Home? February 08 2016, 0 Comments
Smart home technology has come a long way in recent years. We’re going to name several items and brand names throughout this blog post, but make sure to do some research before you purchase anything so you are sure to purchase items that work well with your home and your electronic devices. Let’s start with security and move toward efficiency and ease of movement. We feel like we have quite the lineup of great devices for this particular blog.
- CCTV Camera Systems: Keep an eye on your home from anywhere in the world as long as you have an internet connection by installing a CCTV camera system that you can monitor from your phone or any other connected device.
- Smart Door Locks: The Autoslide iLock Secure Patio Door System is designed to self-lock any time the door closes and the Autoslide is enabled in either Normal or Pet Mode. This allows you to feel more comfortable knowing that after your pet goes out to potty on its own, the door will lock automatically when it closes. The Autoslide automatic door locking system allows you to lock or unlock your door from your smartphone. You can even check to make sure you locked the door on your morning rush by checking the app on your phone.
- Video Doorbell Systems: See who is at the door before you answer it. You can do this in a few different ways. Some people use CCTV Cameras and their smartphone with a connected intercom system while others choose something similar to the VTech video doorbell system. The VTech option resembles cordless telephones and can be used anywhere on the premises as long as you have Wi-Fi signal. It also takes a snapshot when the doorbell is pressed so you can see who came to visit even when you’re gone.
- Light Bulbs: The first bulb that comes to mind is the Philips Hue. You can set the lights to brighten gradually each morning to wake you up naturally, create different qualities of light, or set the lights to come on or go off at specific times from your smartphone.
- Smart TVs: Most people who have purchased a television within the last five years have probably purchased a smart TV. These televisions have the ability to connect to your internet and display Netflix, Pandora, and other apps including Internet browsing and social media.
- Automatic Doors: We mentioned automatic door locks earlier, but you can also automate your sliding doors and windows. The average sliding glass patio door or pocket door can easily be automated by installing an Autoslide system. Installation takes about an hour and only requires regular household tools. Combine the Autoslide door with our iLock system for increased security.
The number of options available to turn your home into a smart home will continue to increase greatly over the next five years. From do-it-yourself to systems requiring a team of IT professionals, there are affordable options for everyone. Be sure to write down the features you may want or need, such as an automatic patio door. Then research the different smart home products and system that have those available for your home. For more information about available smart options, send an email to email@example.com and a smart home professional can help guide you through the process.