Innovative Ideas to Turn Your Home into a Smart Home
The smart home used to be a science fiction fantasy, but it’s becoming more of a possibility with each passing year. We saw several great items implemented this year, following suit from year to year since about 2010. Here are seven innovative ideas that you can implement in 2017 to turn your home into a smart home.
Today’s refrigerators have tablet-style screens that allow you to keep track of the grocery list, but Samsung is taking this idea a step further. Their Family Hub Fridge includes a built-in camera that takes a picture of the interior of your refrigerator when the door closes. You can sync your phone with the refrigerator’s camera and see what’s in the fridge while you’re grocery shopping.
These plug-in adapters allow you to control appliances from anywhere using your smart phone. Don’t worry about the TV you left on; just turn it off using your smart phone from the comfort of your bed.
Like smart plugs, smart lighting allows you to use your phone to turn the lights on, off, or dim them to set the right mood. Turn the lights on as you approach your house at night or wait until everyone is tucked safely into their bed at night to turn them off.
Crock pots and coffee machines are integral parts of most homes. Sync your phone with your slow cooker and coffee maker, and turn them on from anywhere. This allows you to brew your coffee before your feet ever touch the floor, and have the slow cooker on before you walk through the door at home.
Automatic Doors and Windows
Automatic doors and windows are extremely useful for everyday life. With automated sliding doors, you can easily move from room to room or go outside onto the deck to grill without having to fumble around with the door while your hands are full. For those who have a hard time opening doors due to a disability, an automatic door can increase their quality of life and allow them to live in their home independently. Even pet owners can take advantage by using automatic pet door features and not have to worry about gaping holes in the wall or door.
Smart Yoga Mat
This incredible Yoga mat has sensors that work with a corresponding Yoga app and tells you how to fix your poses on the fly. Incorrect Yoga poses can cause injury to your muscles and tendons, so making sure your poses are correct is very important.
Google Home and the Amazon Echo are just the beginning of actual real life voice activation of appliances within the home. With Amazon's Alexa system, you can find out the weather or even open your sliding patio door with a simple voice command.
Give Us a Call
Take a look at our Facebook page and some of our latest visitor posts to see what people are saying about our automatic sliding door system. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on our home automation systems and would like to discuss the options for your home or office.
Adding Automatic Sliding Doors Is the First Step in Home Automation
The smart home is something we only see in science fiction movies or television shows. Technology has come a long way in bringing us some pretty amazing things that help us create a smart home with items that add a lot of functionality to our home. Here are several of the most popular items that you can now purchase, install, and operate remotely using your smartphone or a key chain style remote.
Thermostat: Control the interior temperature of your home remotely to make it more comfortable before you get home. Most smart thermostats have several settings that allow you quite a lot of customization, and they may even learn your daily routines so you can go about daily life without even thinking about it. However, they also allow you to change the temperature from your smartphone if you’re unexpectedly out of town or forget to set the temperature before going on vacation.
- Lighting: Sync your interior and exterior lighting with your smartphone and control the amount of lighting in and around your home from anywhere.
- Sound Systems: Wire your entire home for sound, and blast your playlist from your phone or tablet.
- Entertainment Systems: Your home entertainment center probably has several remote controls, or you may have already rolled everything into a single remote. You can also control your smart TV and your entire entertainment system from your phone.
- Security Systems: Keep an eye on your home from anywhere. Double check the doors on your way to work to make sure you locked them. Lock the door remotely if you happen to have forgotten. You can also unlock the door and turn the alarm off as you enter the garage so you don’t have to deal with it.
- Automatic Pet Door: Pet doors are difficult to get right because of the size ranges of all types of pets. Small dogs use small dog doors, where larger dogs need a bigger opening. The Autoslide automatic pet door can be customized to open just enough to allow your pet entry or exit, then the door closes and locks behind your pet.
- Exterior Automatic Patio Door: Sliding glass doors are very popular as a secondary door or a door that leads to a patio, porch, or deck. The Autoslide automatic door system makes it very easy to transition from indoors to outdoors while carrying dishes or meats for the grill. You won’t have to juggle plates on one hand while trying to open the sliding glass door with the other if you use our motion detector automatic door system.
- Interior Automatic Pocket Doors: Pocket doors simplify life inside the home. They’re very common in the homes of people with mobility issues because they don’t get in the way of walkers or wheelchairs. They simply slide into the wall and out of the way. The Autoslide automatic pocket door system makes it very easy to move from room to room as doors automatically open for you.
Autoslide manufactures a great line of automatic door systems for the smart home and for businesses. Consider installing an automatic door system at your home to improve the functionality of your existing sliding doors. To choose the system that works best to fit your needs, contact Autoslide USA at email@example.com or locate a dealer near you for local service.
The Best Pet Door Doesn't Include a Hole in Your Wall
Choosing a pet door can be tricky. You will need to make sure that the one you choose is the safest one for you and your pet. Your best option is to choose one that will last a very long time. Pet doors don’t have the best reputation for being easy to install or safe for your home, family, or pets. Until now.
The Autoslide automatic pet door system is a wonderful addition to any home. There are three different pet door options, allowing you to choose based upon you and your pet's needs. Be sure to take a look at the iLock feature that allows the Autoslide to automatically lock and unlock your door. Great for those times you want your pet to go in and out while you're not home.
Here are 5 tips for choosing the best pet door for your home:
- One of the better options for a pet door is an Autoslide enabled pet door. This door will open automatically for your pet, so you will not have to let them in and out continuously throughout the day. These doors will keep all types of weather conditions from entering the house too.
- If you decide to choose a manual pet door, you will want one with a flap that will continuously close securely, so that the wind does not blow rain or snow into the house. However, be aware that air will escape out of the house and enter the house and may have an adverse affect on your energy costs.
- Another option is to replace a piece of your sliding glass with another piece of glass with a pet door in the bottom. This would allow you to continue using your door normally but can be very pricey, especially in door with impact glass or thermal glass.
- Price can be a determining factor when you are choosing a pet door. However, you need to make sure that you at least purchase a pet door that is comfortable and easy to use.
- Choosing the right size pet door is extremely important, because a pet can get hurt if they attempt to go through a door that is too small for them. Make sure you take measurements before you install a pet door.
Both you and your pet will be very happy once you have the perfect pet door installed. The door will make it easier for your pet to go outside anytime they want to and you won’t have to worry about them having an accident because they were waiting for you. Contact Autoslide if you would like to discuss the automatic pet door systems in greater detail. You may reach us at 813-885-DOOR or stop by your local authorized Autoslide dealer.
As early as the 1960's, when Star Trek introduced us to the ideas of teleportation and space travel, we’ve been dreaming of home automation systems. The term smart home has become increasingly popular over the last several years, and today you can turn your own home into a smart home with a few easily obtainable items. Let’s take a look at how you can increase your home’s IQ while making it safer and more comfortable in the process.
As America turns 240 this year, we reflect back on all the sacrifice that has been made to establish our freedoms and protect those freedoms. Many wars have been fought and many lives have been lost. The brave men and women who have served and continue to serve this country deserve our unyielding gratitude. That's why Autoslide USA will be giving away an Autoslide Automatic Door Mobility System to a much deserving disabled veteran.
Remodeling your home for ADA Compliance is generally much easier than people think. The overall goal is to create a smarter home that makes life easier for the inhabitants. Here are nine steps to consider while planning your ADA compliant remodeling project.