Smart Home Automation and Integration of Automatic Sliding Doors
Choosing a Smart Home DIY Project This Spring February 24 2017, 1 Comment
Four Reasons Why Installing an Automatic Sliding Door Should be Your Next DIY Project
Everyone loves the idea of having a smart home and the convenience they offer. Some smart home options include easy DIY projects that can be finished in a single weekend. We have an idea for you that will only take about an hour: install an automatic sliding door. Our sliding door system works with any type of interior or exterior sliding door, so go crazy with it and install several throughout the house. Here are a few reasons you should make an AutoSlide door part of your next DIY project.
The number-one reason you should do this as a DIY home improvement project is because it takes about an hour and is very easy. You’ll need an outlet nearby, so make sure you have one within easy reach. You may also need the following:
- No 2 Phillips Head Screwdriver
- Marking Pencil
- Tape Measure
- Utility Knife
- Drill with 1/8 and ½ inch drill bits
Automatic sliding doors are popular in public venues like the grocery store, department store, or big box store because they’re convenient. They allow you to walk through with a cart full of items without the aggravation of stopping to open the door manually. The same is true when you install an automatic sliding door at home. You can easily move from room to room, and to or from the patio with ease. Our pet door system allows your pets to come and go as they please without waiting for you to open the door.
No more yelling at the kids, grand kids, or other members of the family, “Close the door!” The door will automatically close to prevent air conditioned air from escaping and the rush of hot Tampa Bay air to come into the house.
Our iLock electronic locking system locks the door when it is closed as long as the system is on. The locking mechanism is so secure that it can take the place of your manual sliding door locks. The system will keep the door locked anytime Autoslide is enabled in “Normal” or “Pet” mode.
Call Autoslide at 813-885-3667 or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options for automatic sliding doors for your home.
12 Home Improvement Projects to Help Plan Your Year February 09 2017, 0 Comments
A Home Improvement Project for Every Month
Home improvement is on the minds of millions of Americans as winter comes to an end and we see spring and summer quickly approaching. We often feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of home improvement projects we can drum up when we do a walk-through of our home and make notes of everything we would like to do. The options for home automation are astounding and can relatively easily be implemented into your normal home improvement routine. Here are 12 great ideas to plan an entire year of home improvement projects:
- Install Automatic Doors: Automatic door systems are quickly becoming the best way to automate entry to your home.
- Mudroom Upgrades: Add shelving or lockers to the mudroom to increase the storage capacity. Open shelving systems are easily available at your local hardware or home improvement store.
- Add Quick Countertop Space: Buy a cutting board or butcher block that fits over your kitchen sink to provide additional workspace while cooking.
- Mount the Television: Take back the floor space that’s currently occupied by your entertainment center and television by mounting the television.
- Dress up an Old Interior Door: Interior doors often take damage from children and pets. That’s just a fact of life. We usually paint old doors, but consider using wallpaper for a really unique look.
- Create a Home Office in a Closet: You don’t need a large space in order to create a home office.
- Transform Upper Cabinets into Open Shelving: Remove the doors from upper kitchen cabinets and turn them into trendy and stylish floating shelving with a couple of coats of paint.
- Hands-Free Bathroom Upgrades: Automate the flushing and hand-washing process by installing an auto-flushing toilet and motion sensor bathroom sink faucet.
- Hands-Free Kitchen: Automate the kitchen sink area by installing a motion sensor kitchen sink faucet so you don’t have to worry about getting raw food germs on the faucet handles.
- Automatic Pet Door System: Pets are an integral part of life for most American households. Create an easier way for your pet to come and go as they please by installing an automatic pet door system.
- Automatic Sliding Door Locks: The sliding door generally sees a lot of foot traffic, especially when you have a secure privacy fence and children or pets can come and go as they please. Automatic locks guarantee that your home is secure when the door is closed.
- CCTV Camera System: Increase security at your home with a CCTV camera system so you can see who’s at the door before you open it or easily see if there’s anyone snooping around your property if the dog starts barking.
These home improvement projects are a wonderful way to add functionality and convenience to your home. For more information on the Autoslide line of affordable automatic door systems, please contact us at email@example.com.
7 Innovative Ideas to Create a Smart Home in 2017 December 12 2016, 0 Comments
Innovative Ideas to Turn Your Home into a Smart Home
The smart home used to be a science fiction fantasy, but it’s becoming more of a possibility with each passing year. We saw several great items implemented this year, following suit from year to year since about 2010. Here are seven innovative ideas that you can implement in 2017 to turn your home into a smart home.
Today’s refrigerators have tablet-style screens that allow you to keep track of the grocery list, but Samsung is taking this idea a step further. Their Family Hub Fridge includes a built-in camera that takes a picture of the interior of your refrigerator when the door closes. You can sync your phone with the refrigerator’s camera and see what’s in the fridge while you’re grocery shopping.
These plug-in adapters allow you to control appliances from anywhere using your smart phone. Don’t worry about the TV you left on; just turn it off using your smart phone from the comfort of your bed.
Like smart plugs, smart lighting allows you to use your phone to turn the lights on, off, or dim them to set the right mood. Turn the lights on as you approach your house at night or wait until everyone is tucked safely into their bed at night to turn them off.
Crock pots and coffee machines are integral parts of most homes. Sync your phone with your slow cooker and coffee maker, and turn them on from anywhere. This allows you to brew your coffee before your feet ever touch the floor, and have the slow cooker on before you walk through the door at home.
Automatic Doors and Windows
Automatic doors and windows are extremely useful for everyday life. With automated sliding doors, you can easily move from room to room or go outside onto the deck to grill without having to fumble around with the door while your hands are full. For those who have a hard time opening doors due to a disability, an automatic door can increase their quality of life and allow them to live in their home independently. Even pet owners can take advantage by using automatic pet door features and not have to worry about gaping holes in the wall or door.
Smart Yoga MatThis incredible Yoga mat has sensors that work with a corresponding Yoga app and tells you how to fix your poses on the fly. Incorrect Yoga poses can cause injury to your muscles and tendons, so making sure your poses are correct is very important.
Google Home and the Amazon Echo are just the beginning of actual real life voice activation of appliances within the home. With Amazon's Alexa system, you can find out the weather or even open your sliding patio door with a simple voice command.
Give Us a Call
Take a look at our Facebook page and some of our latest visitor posts to see what people are saying about our automatic sliding door system. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on our home automation systems and would like to discuss the options for your home or office.
Automatic Door Systems: A Smart Home Transformation September 19 2016, 2 Comments
Adding Automatic Sliding Doors Is the First Step in Home Automation
The smart home is something we only see in science fiction movies or television shows. Technology has come a long way in bringing us some pretty amazing things that help us create a smart home with items that add a lot of functionality to our home. Here are several of the most popular items that you can now purchase, install, and operate remotely using your smartphone or a key chain style remote.
- Thermostat: Control the interior temperature of your home remotely to make it more comfortable before you get home. Most smart thermostats have several settings that allow you quite a lot of customization, and they may even learn your daily routines so you can go about daily life without even thinking about it. However, they also allow you to change the temperature from your smartphone if you’re unexpectedly out of town or forget to set the temperature before going on vacation.
- Lighting: Sync your interior and exterior lighting with your smartphone and control the amount of lighting in and around your home from anywhere.
- Sound Systems: Wire your entire home for sound, and blast your playlist from your phone or tablet.
- Entertainment Systems: Your home entertainment center probably has several remote controls, or you may have already rolled everything into a single remote. You can also control your smart TV and your entire entertainment system from your phone.
- Security Systems: Keep an eye on your home from anywhere. Double check the doors on your way to work to make sure you locked them. Lock the door remotely if you happen to have forgotten. You can also unlock the door and turn the alarm off as you enter the garage so you don’t have to deal with it.
- Automatic Pet Door: Pet doors are difficult to get right because of the size ranges of all types of pets. Small dogs use small dog doors, where larger dogs need a bigger opening. The Autoslide automatic pet door can be customized to open just enough to allow your pet entry or exit, then the door closes and locks behind your pet.
- Exterior Automatic Patio Door: Sliding glass doors are very popular as a secondary door or a door that leads to a patio, porch, or deck. The Autoslide automatic door system makes it very easy to transition from indoors to outdoors while carrying dishes or meats for the grill. You won’t have to juggle plates on one hand while trying to open the sliding glass door with the other if you use our motion detector automatic door system.
- Interior Automatic Pocket Doors: Pocket doors simplify life inside the home. They’re very common in the homes of people with mobility issues because they don’t get in the way of walkers or wheelchairs. They simply slide into the wall and out of the way. The Autoslide automatic pocket door system makes it very easy to move from room to room as doors automatically open for you.
Autoslide manufactures a great line of automatic door systems for the smart home and for businesses. Consider installing an automatic door system at your home to improve the functionality of your existing sliding doors. To choose the system that works best to fit your needs, contact Autoslide USA at email@example.com or locate a dealer near you for local service.
5 Tips for Choosing the Best Pet Door for Your Home August 26 2016, 0 Comments
The Best Pet Door Doesn't Include a Hole in Your Wall
Choosing a pet door can be tricky. You will need to make sure that the one you choose is the safest one for you and your pet. Your best option is to choose one that will last a very long time. Pet doors don’t have the best reputation for being easy to install or safe for your home, family, or pets. Until now.
The Autoslide automatic pet door system is a wonderful addition to any home. There are three different pet door options, allowing you to choose based upon you and your pet's needs. Be sure to take a look at the iLock feature that allows the Autoslide to automatically lock and unlock your door. Great for those times you want your pet to go in and out while you're not home.
Here are 5 tips for choosing the best pet door for your home:
- One of the better options for a pet door is an Autoslide enabled pet door. This door will open automatically for your pet, so you will not have to let them in and out continuously throughout the day. These doors will keep all types of weather conditions from entering the house too.
- If you decide to choose a manual pet door, you will want one with a flap that will continuously close securely, so that the wind does not blow rain or snow into the house. However, be aware that air will escape out of the house and enter the house and may have an adverse affect on your energy costs.
- Another option is to replace a piece of your sliding glass with another piece of glass with a pet door in the bottom. This would allow you to continue using your door normally but can be very pricey, especially in door with impact glass or thermal glass.
- Price can be a determining factor when you are choosing a pet door. However, you need to make sure that you at least purchase a pet door that is comfortable and easy to use.
- Choosing the right size pet door is extremely important, because a pet can get hurt if they attempt to go through a door that is too small for them. Make sure you take measurements before you install a pet door.
Both you and your pet will be very happy once you have the perfect pet door installed. The door will make it easier for your pet to go outside anytime they want to and you won’t have to worry about them having an accident because they were waiting for you. Contact Autoslide if you would like to discuss the automatic pet door systems in greater detail. You may reach us at 813-885-DOOR or stop by your local authorized Autoslide dealer.
Tips to Create a Smarter, Safer, and More Comfortable Home July 15 2016, 1 Comment
As early as the 1960's, when Star Trek introduced us to the ideas of teleportation and space travel, we’ve been dreaming of home automation systems. The term smart home has become increasingly popular over the last several years, and today you can turn your own home into a smart home with a few easily obtainable items. Let’s take a look at how you can increase your home’s IQ while making it safer and more comfortable in the process.
Honor A Veteran This Independence Day June 24 2016, 0 Comments
As America turns 240 this year, we reflect back on all the sacrifice that has been made to establish our freedoms and protect those freedoms. Many wars have been fought and many lives have been lost. The brave men and women who have served and continue to serve this country deserve our unyielding gratitude. That's why Autoslide USA will be giving away an Autoslide Automatic Door Mobility System to a much deserving disabled veteran.
8 Summertime Energy Conservation Tips for Homeowners June 22 2016, 0 Comments
Summer is already into full swing, and the days here on the coast of Florida are getting hot and humid. That means we need to look at ways to keep cool without spending a fortune. We learn new energy conservation tips every year it seems, so we wanted to share some important tips with you today. Here are eight tips that will help you conserve energy this summer. We’ve saved the best for last, so don’t click away half way through.
7 Smart Home Features that Homeowners Want in Their Home Today June 09 2016, 0 Comments
- Page 1 of 6